Eucalyptus citriodora Essential Oil Eucalyptus citriodora | Essential Oil
Eucalyptus citriodora Essential Oil (Eucalyptus citriodora) is also commonly known as Gum Tree, Lemon-Scented Gum, and Corymbia Citriodora. Eucalyptus citriodora Essential Oil is characterized by its strong, fresh, sweet, and balsamic aroma presenting a top fragrance note.
Unique in scent, Eucalyptus citriodora Essential Oil has an aroma that sets it apart from other Eucalyptus species due to its fresh-squeezed lemon-citronella fragrance. Eucalyptus citriodora Essential oil is included in the Rocky Mountain Oils Wellness collection. Use of this oil helps to revitalize and invigorate in a number of applications.
Learn more about Eucalyptus
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Rocky Mountain Oils nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil Varieties
Eucalyptus citriodora and radiata are similar in properties. However, they have a varied scent.
- Eucalyptus citriodora’s aroma is strong, fresh, citronella-like, sweet, and balsamic. The aroma is significantly different from Eucalyptus globulus and Eucalyptus radiata as it has stronger medicinal and lemon-like notes. Eucalyptus citriodora is calming to the nervous and respiratory systems.
- Eucalyptus radiata’s aroma is similar to Eucalyptus globulus being fresh, clean, medicinal, and slightly woody with additional sweet and fruity notes making the scent a bit softer. Eucalyptus radiata is considered the most therapeutic of the three varieties.
Do not use Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil on children under 10 years old (consider Eucalyptus citriodora or Myrtle as a safer alternative for children 2 years +). Refrain from using while pregnant or breastfeeding. Always apply Eucalyptus with a carrier oil for topical application. Click here for dilution rates.
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus citriodora
Country of Origin: India/China*
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaf
Aroma: Herbal, Lemon
Blends Well With: Cedarwood, Coriander, Eucalyptus Radiata, Frankincense, Lavender, Pine, Ravintsara, Rosemary, Tea Tree
Use with a carrier oil when applied topically.
Click here for dilution rates.
Kids Safety: Safe to use topically with children 2 years of age and older. Dilute to a .5-2% dilution rate for topical application.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.
- Diffuse to help clear the mind and make room for one to focus on positive thoughts
- Try adding to DIY recipes to fragrance soaps and room sprays for a deodorizing effect
- Diffuse or add to blends to repel insects
- Diffuse or apply topically with a carrier oil to inspire deep breathing
Bug Bite Mix
- 2 drops German Chamomile
- 2 drops Eucalyptus citriodora
- 3 drops Lavender
Blend oils together and use them any of the following ways:
Apply straight to the bite
Add to a basin of water for washing affected skin
Add the oil blend to 2 tablespoons Cider Vinegar and dab a small portion onto bites with a cotton ball.
- 2 drops Eucalyptus citriodora
- 1 drop Peppermint
- 1 teaspoon unscented shampoo of choice
Wash hair daily. Works well for an irritated scalp as well.