Eucalyptus radiata Essential Oil Eucalyptus radiata | Essential Oil
Eucalyptus radiata Essential Oil (Eucalyptus radiata) is also commonly known as Gum Tree, Narrow-Leaved Peppermint, and Forth River Peppermint. Eucalyptus radiata Essential Oil has a strong fresh, clean, and slightly woody aroma presenting a top fragrance note.
We included Eucalyptus radiata Essential Oil as part of our Rocky Mountain Oils Wellness collection because it’s considered the most versatile of eucalyptus oils. Eucalyptus radiata Essential Oil, with its crisp, peppermint-like fragrance, can aid in centering and clearing the mind.
Learn more about Eucalyptus
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Rocky Mountain Oils nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
What Are the Different Types of Eucalyptus Essential Oil?
While radiata is the most versatile out of the Eucalyptus oils, here is a little more information about the most common types of Eucalyptus Essentials Oils:
- Eucalyptus radiata: Commonly known as, narrow-leaved peppermint and Forth River peppermint, this type of Eucalyptus has a gentler aroma than the other types, making it ideal for those more who have a more sensitive sense of smell.
- Eucalyptus citriodora: This type of Eucalyptus is commonly known as lemon-scented gum and Corymbia Citriodora. A lemon, citronella-like fragrance mellows the oil’s camphor notes, making it an excellent choice for skin care purposes.
Do not use Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil on children under 10 years old (consider Eucalyptus citriodora or Myrtle as a safer alternative for children 2 years +). Refrain from using while pregnant or breastfeeding. Always apply Eucalyptus with a carrier oil for topical application. Click here for dilution rates.
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus radiata
Country of Origin: South Africa/Australia
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaf
Aroma: Sweet, Fruity
Blends Well With: Cedarwood, Coriander, Frankincense, Lavender, Pine, Ravintsara, Rosemary, Tea Tree
Always apply Eucalyptus with a carrier oil for topical application.
Click here for dilution rates.
Not recommended for use while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Kids Safety: Safe to use topically with children 10 years of age and older. Dilute to a 1-2% dilution rate for topical application.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.
Usage & Recipes
- Try adding to DIY recipes to fragrance soaps and room sprays for a deodorizing effect
- Diffuse or add to blends to repel insects
- Diffuse or apply topically with a carrier oil to inspire deep breathing
- Just a few drops can add a clean fresh scent to DIY cleaning products
Learn more ways to use Eucalyptus on the Rocky Mountain Oils Recipe Book!
Refreshing Upper Body Massage Oil
Crisp Air Diffuser Blend
Cooling Massage Oil
Better Breathing Rub