Frankincense, Carterii Essential Oil Boswellia carterii | Essential Oil
Frankincense, Carterii Essential Oil (Boswellia carterii) is also commonly known as Olibanum. Frankincense, Carterii Essential Oil has a medium-strength balsamic, warm, slightly spicy, sweet, and woody aroma presenting a base fragrance note.
Frankincense, Carterii Essential Oil is part of the Rocky Mountain Oils Skin Care and Wellness collections. Use the oil as part of any skincare regimen to promote a toned complexion. Frankincense, Carterii may encourage self-esteem while promoting wellness of the mind and spirit.
Use the oil to enhance deep meditation and support emotional healing. Frankincense, Carterii can help reduce feelings of loneliness, frailty, and grief, while helping sharpen concentration.
Learn More About Frankincense
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Rocky Mountain Oils nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
All types of Frankincense essential oil share similar properties; however, there are several differences that make each type of Frankincense unique.
- Frankincense, Carterii has a balsamic, rich, slightly spicy, warm, sweet, and woody aroma with a slightly citrusy top note.
- Frankincense, Carterii comes from the Boswellia carterii tree, which is native to East Africa.
- Frankincense, Carterii is high in d-limonene, which is great for general muscles and joint pain relief.
- Frankincense, Carterii is the most well-known and studied type of Frankincense.
Many people believe that Serrata and Carterii are the same types of Frankincense because the tree seeds are identical. While the two plants come from the same seed, the geographical area, and climate where the trees grow, when combined with the pH level of the soil and other growth factors, result in two very different species of the Boswellia tree. While the therapeutic properties are similar between the varieties of Frankincense, there is still great diversity in strength and potency between the different species.
Botanical Name: Boswellia carterii
Country of Origin: Somalia
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Resin
Aroma: Woody, Balsamic, Resinous
Blends Well With: Black Cumin, Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
Non-toxic, generally non-irritating. Can be skin irritating if oxidized.
Click here for dilution rates.
Kids Safety: Safe to use topically with children 2 years of age and older. Dilute to a 1-2% dilution rate for topical application.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.
Usage & Recipes
- Dilute with a carrier oil to improve the appearance of all skin types
- Dilute with a carrier oil or shea butter to help fade new and old scars
- Diffuse to help enhance deep meditation
Learn more ways to use Frankincense on the Rocky Mountain Oils Recipe Book!
- Meditation Assist
- Better Breathing Rub